In The Ditch, the world’s leading manufacturer of custom tow truck and garage accessories, has opened a new facility and is seeking passionate, energetic people to join our team. With our rapid growth we’re looking to fill new positions and expand our staff. If you dream of working in an environment where your ideas can be turned into a reality, this may be the place for you. Our products have been featured in numerous magazines, won top industry awards, and been featured on programs such as Stacey David’s Gears, and the Speed Channel.
Team members of In The Ditch are offered Full-time employment, competitive pay, matching IRA contributions, generous holiday and vacation plans, and a clear path to advancement via a robust cross-training program. We also have a dedicated commuter van from Boise that makes travel to and from work convenient and cost effective. If that’s not enough, we also really know how to party with catered monthly luncheons and onsite activities like four-way tug-of-war, pinewood derby competitions, and dodgeball, dodgeball, DODGEBALL!
- Administers employee health, welfare and retirement plans company-wide. Benefit programs include: Matching Simple IRA Plan, medical/dental, income protection, workers’ compensation, leave of absence, Flexible Spending (Section 125), Uniform Program, etc.
- Acts as liaison between employees, insurance providers and to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
- Provides administrative support to human resources function as needed (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry).
- Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Performs other HR generalist duties as assigned.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Serves as the Cobra Administrator for company.
- Conducts new employee orientations at headquarters to, ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can informed benefit decisions. This includes all levels of employees including executives.
- Manages annual open enrollment period during 4th quarter of each year. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with, communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers. Conducts employee presentations. Processes changes within deadlines.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Strives to ensure employee understanding of benefit programs by, regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans, refers difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed.
- Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with client representatives.
- Acts as a resource for Plant Payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations. Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
- Performs recruitment activities, interviews, and evaluates candidates for select positions at headquarters. Maintains records related to same.
- Assists with preparation of annual affirmative action plan.
- Performs outreach to community sources as needed.
- Prepares government reports related to EEO compliance or other HR functions.
- Writes, revises, edits and proofreads company policies & procedures and related documents as needed. Uses electronic benefits bulletin board and other vehicles to communicate information. Produces the Company telephone directory.
- Conducts exit interviews in absence of supervisor.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience administering employee benefit plans in the health and welfare areas.
- Experience administering retirement programs.
- Must have computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS system or recommend and administer a new system. Must be proficient in WordPerfect and Lotus or Excel. QuickBooks knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills.
- Good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills essential.
- Course work/seminar attendance in the benefits areas helpful (e.g. Accredited Human resource classes)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third party record keeping/administration required.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Less than 10 days a year.
How to Apply
- Email your resume’ to email@example.com
- Include a minimum of 3 professional references along with their contact numbers
(We will not consider any candidates who do not provide these references)